With the recent shutdown of all sports, 2k and the National Basketball Players Association has partnered to air an NBA 2k tournament between players on ESPN.
The tournament will start on Friday, April 3rd, from 7-8:30 p.m. on ESPN and then switch to ESPN2 from 8:30-11:30 p.m. No games will take place on Saturday, but will resume Sunday, April 5th, from 12-4 p.m. on ESPN2. The quarterfinals are on Tuesday, April 7th, from 7-11 p.m. on ESPN, with the semifinals and finals taking place on Saturday, April 11th on ESPN. No time has been set for the final two rounds.
Kevin Durant leads a star-studded cast of athletes to compete in the tournament. Durant, who hasn’t played this season due to injuries, has long been a fan of NBA 2k and has admitted to rival LeBron James being his favorite player to use within the game.
All players were seeded based on their in-game rating. The player seeds and their in-game overalls are below.
1. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (96)
2. Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks (90)
3. Hassan Whiteside, Portland Trail Blazers (87)
4. Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz (87)
5. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns (86)
6. Andre Drummond, Cleveland Cavaliers (85)
7. Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls (85)
8. Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles Clippers (85)
9. Domantas Sadonis, Indiana Pacers (85)
10. Deandre Ayton, Phoenix Suns (85)
11. DeMarcus Cousins (81)
12. Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets (81)
13. Rui Hachimura, Washington Wizards (79)
14. Patrick Beverly, Los Angeles Clippers (78)
15. Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings (78)
16. Derrick Jones Jr., Miami Heat (78)
The winner will be given $100,000 to donate to a charity of their choice. With all the jobs being lost to the current COVID19 situation, this is a great way to give back to communities in need.