Week 2 of the 2019 NFL season started to show some weaknesses for teams across the league. The Sunday was highlighted with close games and injuries. Let’s check the action from an exciting Week 2.
Cardinals 17, Ravens 23
• Kyler and Lamar battled each other, as both were impressive. Lamar stole the show with his dual threat capabilities, passing for 272 yards and two touchdowns while adding 120 yards rushing.
Chargers 10, Lions 13
• Disappointing game for the Chargers, who had three touchdowns called back due to penalties and added two missed field goals. They let the underdog Lions hang around long enough to steal the game at the end.
Colts 19, Titans 17
• Brissett hasn’t skipped a beat while filling the shoes of the recently retired Luck. He passed for three touchdowns, avenging the overtime loss in Week 1.
49ers 41, Bengals 17
• Garoppolo passed for 297 yards and three touchdowns, as the 49ers took an early lead and never took their foot off the gas pedal. The rushing attack also added 259 yards, leading to a dominant effort against the Bengals.
Jaguars 12, Texans 13
• Gardner Minshew almost pulled it off. The Jaguars scored late in the game, and down one point, they went for two to win the game. The Texans stopped them to win the game. Both offenses stalled the entire game.
Vikings 16, Packers 21
• The Vikings limited passing attack continues to haunt them, as the Packers took an early lead and the Vikings were never able to fully overcome it. Cook continues to impress, adding 154 yards rushing and one touchdown for the Vikings.
Cowboys 31, Redskins 21
• Prescott impressed once again, completing 26 of his 30 attempts. Elliott added 111 yards rushing and a score to push the Cowboys past their division rivals.
Seahawks 28, Steelers 26
• Big news of the day was Big Ben leaving the game early with an arm injury for the Steelers. Metcalf continues to impress, catching the game deciding touchdown from Wilson late in the game.
Bills 28, Giants 14
• The Giants are potentially heading to a 0-16 season. Even with Barkley rushing for 107 yards and a touchdown, the game was never close.
Patriots 43, Dolphins 0
• The Dolphins are also on their way to potentially ending 0-16. Brady passed for 262 yards and two touchdowns, while the defense added two touchdowns of their own.
Chiefs 28, Raiders 10
• Mahomes is the real deal. He passed for 443 yards and four touchdowns. The Chiefs look poised to make a Super Bowl run.
Rams 27, Saints 9
• Brees is having surgery on his thumb and will miss six weeks. The Rams continue their run towards another Super Bowl appearance with their all-around offensive attack.
Bears 16, Broncos 14
• A great defensive matchup between two teams whose offensives have been struggling. Poor Trubisky has played back-to-back tough defenses to start his season.
Falcons 24, Eagles 20
• Even with Matt Ryan tossing three interceptions, the Falcons won, thanks in large part to Julio Jones late touchdown in the fourth quarter.